M & M Cookies


We were having friends come over for dinner and I wanted to whip up a quick and easy dessert that would please everyone.  My children had a ton of m & m's leftover from their Christmas stockings so I raided their stash and baked some cookies.  Thankfully my kids didn't mind me taking their candy, especially since they loved these tasty treats!  I didn't personally try one but I was told by each and every kid that they were terrific and totally blog worthy.  Side note: I used a bit of whole wheat flour in this recipe just to make myself feel better but you can use all white flour if you prefer.

M & M Cookies:
Recipe and photo made by For the Love of Cooking
  • 1 1/2 cups of flour
  • 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups of m & m's, divided


Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat.

Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl then set aside. Beat together the melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla with a mixer until creamy.  Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture until just mixed. Stir in most the m & m's by hand. Drop by the spoonful onto a greased or lined baking sheet.  Push more m & m's into the top of each cookie.


Bake for 14-17 minutes or until the edges look golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet for at least 4-5 minutes (so cookies can set) before moving to a rack. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment