Broccoli with Garlic, Pine Nuts, and Asiago Cheese:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 1-2 tbsp of pine nuts, toasted*
- 1 tbsp asiago cheese, grated
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the broccoli florets and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add the minced garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and place in a serving bowl. Add the toasted pine nuts and asiago cheese. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
*To toast the pine nuts, simply put them in a DRY skillet (no oil needed). Cook on low for a few minutes, stirring often, until they start to get golden brown.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe - For the Love of Cooking.net