Parmesan and Black Pepper Biscuits

I found this recipe online at My Recipes and decided to serve them with a batch of soup I was making for dinner. I halved the recipe so it made six biscuits instead of 12. The biscuits didn't rise as much as I wanted but I think it's because I rolled them out way too thin, next time I make them, I will roll them out much thicker. Even though they were thin, they were fluffy and delicious. I loved the salty flavor the Parmesan and the kick the black pepper gave these biscuits. My family gobbled them up and we all enjoyed them - even my daughter, who doesn't like cheese, loved them.

Parmesan and Black Pepper Biscuits:
Recipe by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by My Recipes
  • 1 cup of flour
  • 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp freshly cracked pepper
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp cold butter, cut into small pieces
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp of low fat buttermilk
  • 1 1/2 tbsp honey
  • 1/4 cup of fresh Parmesan, grated
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Combine the flour, baking powder, cracked pepper, and salt together in a bowl - mix well. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or 2 knives until mixture resembles course meal. Chill for 10 minutes.

Combine the buttermilk and honey together and whisk until well combined. Add the Parmesan cheese. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture, stir until just combined.

Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4 times. Roll dough into a (1/2 inch thick) rectangle; dust the top of the dough with some flour. Fold the dough crosswise into thirds (like folding a piece of paper to fit into an envelope). Re-roll dough into an other (1/2 inch thick) rectangle; dust top of dough with flour. Fold the dough crosswise into thirds; gently roll or pat to a 3/4 inch thickness Cut dough with a biscuit cutter to form 6 dough rounds. Place the dough rounds, 1 inch apart, on a baking sheet line with a silpat mat. Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the baking tray; cool on a wire rack for a few minutes. Serve warm with butter. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment