Pizza with Ricotta, Grape Tomatoes, Red Onion, and Fresh Basil:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
- Cooking spray
- Corn meal
- 1 ball of pizza dough (I used store bought)
- 1 container of pizza sauce (Trader Joe's is really good)
- 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup of fat free ricotta
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Handful of grape tomatoes
- Red onions slices, sliced very thin
- 6-7 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spread dough on a pizza sheet that has been coated with cooking spray and a sprinkle of corn meal. Spoon the sauce on the dough and spread evenly.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Mix the ricotta cheese with the minced garlic then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste; mix well. Add dollops of ricotta all over the pizza. Next, add the grape tomatoes and red onions. Season the top of the pizza with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.
Place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and the crust is golden brown. Add fresh basil. Enjoy.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe - For the Love of Cooking.net