a girl and a guy

via weheartit, http://weheartit.com/entry/13862699/via/thaaty
ph: weheartit

I have a boy friend. He's one of my best friends in the world, and if I ever lost him, a part of me would be lost too.

He's never been my 'boyfriend'. But he's seen me through a few boyfriends over the past half a decade. He's always been there.

People think it's strange that we've never gotten together, but somehow, it's perfect.

The first time I realised just how much I loved him was when a girl broke his heart.
I wanted to shout at her, tell her what a loss it was to give him up. That's when I realised I loved him.

I love him for who he is, whatever mistakes he's made, no matter how terrible, even when he's being a jerk. I love the person he was when we first met, and the person he's now become. I don't think I know how to stop loving him.

But if you think this is a fairytale story of friends falling in love, you would be utterly wrong. I'm not in love with him, he's not in love with me. And we both know that. And you know what? It's completely ok.

I'm sharing this because I believe a girl and a guy can be best friends and not need to fall in love. Because there are so many friendships out there that have been spoilt by unrequited feelings, simply because one person feels that they have to fall for the person because they're that close.

He told me that it's possible to find people out there whom are willing to take away your loneliness without having to be in a relationship with them. He is one of them to me. And this is a thank you, because recently I realised just how much he loves me back.

So here's to the guys who get teased for being friend-zoned, but continue to love the girls in their lives anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment