ACCESSORIES | Parallellogram Ring

Photobucket

Photobucket

ring: Topshop
glass container: iittala

Yes, I gave in. I caved and clicked through add to bag all the way to checkout on Topshop dot com within minutes after seeing this flat diamond figure to wrap around your finger. A downright impulse buy. The ring has already lost much of its charm because of the little scratches that ruined the mirrored surface, not because of its genius design though; a geometric figure in gold with a functional hole. But it made me realise again that next time I should invest in more long lasting jewelry, be that searching the flea markets for high quality metals..or splurging on some Margiela rings that are almost worth rent? I'd rather have a mini collection of valuables as opposed to seeing my cheap jewelry break before my eyes and being trapped in a vicious circle of disposing and replacing."

No comments:

Post a Comment